The issues surrounding alcohol and drug testing are multi-faceted and complex. There are the alcohol and drug testing requirements in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. Some states have other regulations that limit or attach conditions on a testing program. Finally there are legal issues to consider when developing and implementing the program. Aside from these concerns, relationships must be established with outside organizations.
The Alcohol & Drugs DOT Compliance Manual is an easy-to-use reference that can help you understand and comply with DOT's Alcohol & Drug Testing requirements, including 49 CFR Parts 382 and 40.
- Current word-for-word requirements
- "How to" explanations to help develop written policies, manage training, comply with recordkeeping guidelines, and more
- Reference section contains alcohol and drug regulations for pipeline, rail, and transit
- Sample forms and policy guidelines to help simplify compliance
- Legal issues section helps avoid costly litigation