The Essentials of Employee Relations manual is a comprehensive resource for HR professionals and supervisors. It addresses the variety of complex and sensitive situations that occur over the course of the employment relationship.
Divided into three main sections — Recruiting and Hiring, Management and Development, and Employee Separation — the manual provides real-life examples and best practices for some of the most challenging moments in employee relations.
This manual covers:
- Planning and Advertising — job descriptions and recruiting tactics
- Selection and Interviewing — screening applications, interviews, and background checks
- Onboarding and Training — orientation, handbooks, and mentoring
- Discipline and Corrective Actions — warnings, incident reports, performance improvement plans (PIP)
- Rewards and Advancement — recognition programs, incentive plans, and career paths
- Communication — performance reviews, managing change, and conflict resolution