Since 2000, responsibility for overseeing the regulation of commercial vehicles has fallen to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). The FMCSA’s primary mission is to prevent CMV-related fatalities and injuries. The FMCSA Compliance Manual is designed to help companies and individuals comply with a majority of the FMCSRs as they relate to safe vehicle operations.
Comply with DOT's safety regulations.
START YOUR FREE TRIAL
More than the regulations and their interpretations, this manual provides comprehensive how-to information on critical topics, including:
- Compliance fundamentals — registration, USDOT number, insurance, and other prerequisite
- Personnel management — driver qualification, CDL standards, drug and alcohol testing
- Hours-of-Service management — limits and recordkeeping
- Vehicle management — equipment requirements, inspections, and maintenance
- CMV driving — restrictions, accidents, and hazardous materials
- Enforcement programs and penalties — CSA, audits, and ratings; proceedings and penalties
Highlights throughout the manual — carefully selected by our on-staff experts — make compliance management easy:
Compliance Point — A portion of a regulation often misunderstood or missed.
Did You Know? — Facts and insights that facilitate understanding of key topics.
Caution — Information on how to minimize risk, or avoid danger or damage.
Historical Note — Background or historical information on a requirement.