Technology and new methods to gain access to what is intended to be secure continues to evolve. Our personal information is at risk. The Essentials of HIPAA Manual provides group health plan sponsors information to help stay one step ahead with tools to ensure that information is kept secure and private. whether its ransomware or wellness plans this publication assists in identifying where your weaknesses may lie and how to address them.
HIPAA Essentials, A Guide for Employers assists in making sense of your organization’s role and responsibilities under HIPAA - the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
- Covers protected health information (PHI)
- Defines creditable coverage and discusses who, what, where, when, how of certificates of creditable coverage
- Explains what non-discrimination rules mean
- Explores how what is needed to meet the HIPAA requirement and what the penalties are for violation
- Includes HIPAA regulations, checklists, definitions, FAQs, sample forms, and more