Each year, thousands of companies become the target of federal Form I-9 audits, and these audits result in millions of dollars in fines for employers. While penalties and sanctions do come from willful violations, many employers don't realize what they are doing wrong with regard to the employment eligibility process.
The I-9 and E-Verify Essentials manual is a complete resource to an organization's employment eligibility responsibilities and is ideal for anyone with responsibilities for completing Form I-9, including HR managers, company owners and department or line managers.
The manual walks you through the entire employee verification process to help you:
- Accurately fill out the I-9 form for each new hire
- Avoid discrimination when hiring
- Correctly update your forms
- Identify false documentation
- Know how long documents should be retained
- Conduct an effective internal audit to spot and correct errors
- Start using E-Verify® and apply the results
- Identify available visas and understand how they apply to I-9s
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security