Employees in the oil and gas industry face a myriad of unique dangers while on the job. One wrong step can have serious consequences, which means safety and health issues are extremely important.
The Oil & Gas Safety Compliance Manual is designed specifically for oil and gas field safety managers, operations managers, safety trainers and contractors. It combines OSHA, EPA and DOT regulatory requirements and provides valuable information regarding key regulatory explanations, safety best practices and training requirements.
Covers a variety of key topics specific to the oil and gas industry, including:
- The goals and objectives of an oil and gas safety program
- Health and safety hazards workers in oil fields experience
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) needed and how to inspect, test and maintain PPE
- Determining if an injury or accident is recordable
- How to create, refine and evaluate your company's safety compliance program
The manual also includes state-level information on commercial truck safety and environmental regulations impacting oil and gas field operations.