The only comprehensive trucking permit, tax, and registration reference tool
Different regulatory areas have different compliance standards. And, of course, different carriers also have different operations, even if engaging in similar business activities. Often there are several agencies, both federal and state, involved in compliance.
The Permit and Tax: Business Side of Trucking online manual is the ultimate resource for anyone handling the complex business side of trucking. Developed by our compliance experts, this manual will help you decipher the wide array of federal and state regulations that apply to your operations, so you can maintain compliance, and operate as efficiently and economically as possible.
START A FREE TRIAL
- Heavy vehicle use tax (HVUT) - 2290
- International Registration Plan (IRP)
- International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)
- USDOT numbers
- State sales tax
- Vehicle titling
- Interstate operating authority
- State authorities
- Trip permits
- Legal vehicle sizes and weights
- Oversize/overweight permits
- Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) requirements
- Vehicle marking requirements
INSIDE THE MANUAL
- Compliance Map — illustrates the primary types of required motor carrier permits & credentials, and to whom they apply
- Vehicle Size/Weight Table — state-by-state limitations
- Trip Permits Table — state-by-state permits for vehicles at or under 26,000 pounds
Our compliance “road map”, along with the associated questions and answers, can give you a feel for what types of regulations and taxes with which you must comply, as well as the permits and credentials you may need to operate legally. Questions include:
- Am I subject to the FMCSRs?
- Am I subject to IFTA and IRP registration?
- Do I need operating authority (MC number)?
- Do I require state authorities?
- Am I subject to the DOT UCR (Unified Carrier Registration)?
- Am I an interstate or intrastate carrier?
- Am I required to comply with the state size/weight limits and stop at weigh stations?