The Fair Labor Standards Act has been around since 1938, but thousands of employers are sued each year for violations. The Act sets minimum wage, overtime pay, recordkeeping, and child labor standards for employment.
The regulations created to enforce those provisions span several hundred pages, so there’s a lot of potential for misinterpretation and non-compliance.
The Wage & Hour Compliance manual helps you apply the regulations correctly to avoid claims and litigation. Written by J. J. Keller® regulatory experts, the manual provides straightforward how-tocomply information on the most critical wage and hour issues, including:
- Classification of employees
- Hours worked and overtime
- Paying employees
- Time off and leave
- Child labor
Also includes applicable state requirements.
Highlights throughout the manual — carefully selected by our on-staff experts — make compliance management easy:
- Compliance Point — Portions of the regulations often misunderstood or missed.
- Did You Know? — Facts and insights to help you better understand key topics.
- Court Case — An explanation of a court case and its relevance to a topic.
- To Illustrate — A real-life or fictional example that aids comprehension.
- Do The Math — Clarifies a calculation with an example.
- Cross Reference — An indication of where to find additional, related information within this resource.